AnnMai: PS3 madness

  • contact infor
  • Thursday, November 09, 2006

    PS3 madness

    After read the article” Technologies are Machine” I has wonder today’s society, the word fun is synonymous with technology. Technology isn’t just for scientists or anyone who needs high-end technology to do research. The word technology is now associated with fun and entertainment
    We as Americans are obsessed with technology. We can’t seem to get enough of it. The current PS3 (a.k.a. Playstation 3 for those of you who aren’t aware of the gaming world) madness has taken over youth, gamers and men everywhere. I am not a gamer so I really wasn’t aware until I saw on the news people lining up a couple of days before the game station was released.
    It was like “Star War all “over again! I didn’t understand what the hype was all about until I asked my friend who has a brother who is a game-maniac. She told me that Sony, the maker of PS3, was suppose to release the gamer last year but it had to push the date to November 17, making it a long-waited item. Not only that, there was a shortage on the amount released, therefore many people had to get in line to get the item.
    “It’s a first come first serve thing” she said and the problem is that most store carries less than a dozen PS3 due to the shortage.
    Because of the high demand, and low supply, the stations sell for almost $5000 on Ebay.
    For me, anyone who buys a $5000 game station is either obsessed, plain crazy or has too much money to know what to do with it!
    Since most of those who lined up in the rain in front of Fry’s in San Francisco, or the man my friend knows in Wisconsin who waited a whole week in advance aren’t rich, then they must be plain crazy AND obsessed with gaming!
    To say this again, we as Americans can’t get enough of technology

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Ann Mai said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    6:57 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home